Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Our "nudges" or rather "giant shoves" in one direction...Kenya.

There have been so many ways that God has shown us that this is His will for us. The first and foremost for me, is the incredible PEACE I feel. It is a “peace that surpasses all understanding”. I have a million things to do, and while it is stressful, I am at complete PEACE that we are doing the right thing. There are other ways we have “seen” His hand over this. Some of these probably seem like minor coincidences, but when you look at them all together, it is hard to not take a sharp breath and say “Wow! He is working!” Here’s a quick list of all the “hints” we’ve received: 1-The mere fact that I needed a new doctor, and the one I found just happened to be from Kenya, and just happened to need a Psychologist the SAME week Daniel lost his practicum site from school. 2-The day I got home from my second appt with the doctor and we started “talking” about Kenya, Gage asked to play a song on Daddy’s iPad. I pulled up a program and the song that popped up was “Little Shepherd” with the outline of Africa as the background. I ran to show Daniel and he said “I’ve never even seen that program on my iPad before!”
3-The Friday we had lunch, Daniel went to the gym shortly after. It was raining, and Gage was far ahead on the sidewalk, but Daniel saw something that made him pause – even in the rain. He stopped to look at what was a crack in the cement. He saw THIS. Mind you, he has gone to this gym 4 days a week for the past 3 years and parks in the same spot every time. Coincidence? I think not.
4-I volunteered at the Women of Faith conference this past weekend. I went alone, not knowing anyone who would be there. The leader put me in the World Vision Booth, selling African jewelry from orphans. It was the only booth at the conference.
5-Daniel and I went on a mission trip together in 2005. The small village that we went to is called Kakamega, and borders BORDERS the village we will be serving in. Of ALL the villages in Kenya...we will be neighbors with the Kenya people who first captured Daniel's heart. I guess the Lord began working 7 years ago on this plan!! 6-Another way we have seen His hand in this is by moving us to our new church home, Cornerstone. We have been welcomed in with arms wide open and have felt a Christian love unlike anything we have ever felt before. These people are truly "doing life with us" and walking alongside us through everything. Not only does this church have a BIG focus on world missions, but it's members take on that world mission, too. Out of the initial 4 couples that we met at Cornerstone and forged friendships with, 2 families are moving to Vietnam this summer, 1 just got back from a China mission trip and will likely be moving there eventually, and the other God is calling to China as well. Crazy? No...it's simply answering the call to GO! But their willingness and obedience has made it easier for us to accept that maybe, just maybe, God really DOES want us to move across the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment